Sunday, May 23, 2010

Personal Progress: Knowledge #3

This one requires going to some cultural event. I really struggled to find a performance or exhibit that was 6:30ish, local, free, and Tuesday. Most art exhibits close by 6:00. Most concerts or plays are weekends, far away, and/or expensive. I finally found one that I wasn't too thrilled about--a photography exhibit at the university library. I was going to go up in advance and see it and find a way to get the girls more involved in it, like a scavenger hunt or something.

And then my sister mentioned that my nephew's school is putting on a performance of The Music Man! It's 7:00, local, free, and Tuesday. Now I have to hope we have enough drivers and hope the girls are well-behaved and don't text during the performance.
-----
Hindsight advice:
Don't take the girls to something in which you have a vested interest. It's like when I was teaching, I would make sure not to teach a book I loved because the complaining adolescents would ruin it for me. The girls were polite, though, and didn't complain (too much) in front of me. And they posed for a scrapbookable picture with my nephew afterward.

No comments: